Farhan Akhtar was born on 9 January 1974. Is an Indian Bollywood film director, screenwriter, actor, playback singer, producer, and television host. He began his Bollywood career by working as an assistant director in Lamhe (1991) and Himalay Putra (1997). He did study at Maneckji Cooper school in Mumbai and went on to study for a law degree from the HR College, also in Mumbai.
Farhan Akhtar was born to screenwriters Javed Akhtar and mother Honey Irani in Bombay (present-day Mumbai). His parents divorced during his early days, and his father married Shabana Azmi in 1984 She has appeared in over 120 Hindi and Bengali films from 1974 to till day. His sister is writer-director Zoya Akhtar.
Farhan Akhtar was married to Adhuna Bhabani in 2000, after being in a relationship with her for 3 years. They have two daughters named Shakya and Akira. On 21st January 2016, the couple officially announced their separation after 16 years of marriage.
Biography & Wiki
|Nickname||Bulbul (by his nanny)|
|Profession(s)||Actor, Producer, Director, Screenwriter, Singer|
|Height (approx.)||175 cm, 1.75 m, or 5’ 9”|
|Weight (approx.)||70 kg (154 lbs)|
|Body Measurements (approx.)||Chest: 41 inches
Waist: 30 inches
Biceps: 14 inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
Film (Director): Dil Chahta HaiFilm (Actor): Rock On!! Film (Producer): Don
|Awards, Honours||2002: Critics Award for Best Movie, Best Screenplay for Dil Chahta Hai
2009: Best Male Debut for Rock On!!
2012: Best Supporting Actor for Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
2014: Best Actor for Bhaag Milkha Bhaag2002: Best Feature Film for Dil Chahta Hai2009: Best Feature Film for Rock On!!
|Date of Birth||9 January 1974|
|Age (as in 2019)||45 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra India|
|Hometown||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
|School||Maneckji Cooper School, Mumbai|
|College/University||H.R. College of Commerce and Economics|
|Educational Qualification||High School|
|Address||Sea Spring Bungalow No 1, B J Road, Bandstand, Mumbai – 400050|
|Hobbies||Collecting Gadgets, Singing|
|Tattoo(s)||On his right shoulder: dolphin/shark|
Here’s his marriage details
Marital Status, Affairs, Girlfriends
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Adhuna Bhabani (Hairstylist)
Shraddha Kapoor (Actress)Shibani Dandekar (Actress, VJ)
|Marriage Date||Year– 2000|
|Wife/Spouse||Adhuna Bhabani (2000 to 2016)|
|Children||Daughters: Shakya & Akira|
|Parents||Father– Javed Akhtar (Lyricist and Scriptwriter)
Mother– Honey Irani (Actress & screenwriter, Farhan’s mother by birth), Shabana Azmi (Stepmother)
|Siblings||Sister– Zoya Akhtar|
|Favorite Food(s)||The classic Mumbai Vada Pao, Kebabs, Mutton Biryani|
|Favorite Actor(s)||Bollywood: Guru Dutt, Bimal Roy, Raj Kapoor
Hollywood: Robert Di Nero, Martin Scorsese, Ridley Scott
|Favorite Director||Alfred Hitchcock|
|Favorite Actress||Preity Zinta|
|Favorite Film||The Wizard of Oz (1939)|
|Favorite Sports||Football, Tennis|
|Salary (approx.)||₹11 crore/film|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹145 Crores ($22 Million)|
Farhan Akhtar Life Biography – Known Facts About Farhan Akhtar
- Does Farhan Akhtar smoke?: No (Quit)
- Does Farhan Akhtar drink alcohol?: Yes
- Farhan was dismissed from HR College in the second year of his commerce degree.
- He worked as a film distributor for Yash Raj Films and then worked for 3 years in the script shop under the team of Ad Productions.
- He worked as an assistant director in films like Lamhe and Himalaya Putra.
- Despite watching ‘Sholay’ 50 times, he did not find it perfect and said that ‘Deewar’ is much better than this.
- He was very young when his parents separated and his father Javed Akhtar married actress Shabana Azmi in 1984.
- He has Katsaridaphobia, the fear of cockroaches, and dreams of overcoming them one day.
- Farhan was the first choice for the film Rang De Basanti, but later it went to Aamir Khan.
- Farhan wrote “Dil Chahta Hai” when his mother gave him an ultimatum that she would throw him out of the house if he didn’t do anything with his life.
- In 2002, she appeared as one of the nine judges at Femina Miss India, a famous beauty pageant.
- When he first met Milkha Singh while researching his biopic, Milka challenged him to a race.
- Famous Celebrities- Farah Khan and Sajid Khan are her cousins.
- He is the UN Women Goodwill Ambassador.